It is our vision that we continue to live out the mission of Jesus through the celebration of the Eucharist- breaking of the bread.
As a Catholic, faith community, we work together in unity on our journey of faith, knowledge and love.
Education in Faith at Emmaus
- We believe that we are all created ‘in the image of God.’ (Gen 1: 27) and profoundly loved by God
- It is our mission to invite students into the living tradition of the Catholic Church – fostering and developing Christian values, whilst embracing the diverse cultures and faith traditions of our families
- Prayer and worship are essential to the spiritual life of our school community
- Catholic Social Teaching is a key focus through the teaching of the Principles of Catholic Social Justice.
- Our concern for the care of creation is enacted through environmentally promoting responsibility and stewardship, through respect for ourselves, others our world and our God
- The Religious Education Program aims to develop within each child an awareness of God in: Self, Others, Our Faith Community and the World
- Our Religious Education program has high expectations of student engagement through dialogue, encounter and learning.
One of the main aims of the Religious Education Curriculum of our school is to help students understand that
Being Catholic is a way of life, not just a subject studied at school.
The gospel values are contextualised in a framework that is meaningful for young people. The children are guided to appreciate diversity and to care for one another and our world, through relationships and their connection with nature.
Our school follows the Religious Education Framework Curriculum provided by the Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools (MACs)
Students and their families are invited to attend Mass scheduled throughout the year at 2pm on Friday afternoons. Mass is another opportunity for our community to celebrate the Eucharist together.
Check updates on Seesaw for the dates and classes involved in the School Mass.
Students preparing to receive a Sacrament are invited to attend Sacramental Family Evenings that provide faith formation for the child and their family.
Teachers, parents and the parish Religious Education team work in partnership in the preparation of students for Sacraments
- Celebration of the Sacrament of Reconciliation – Year 3
- Celebration of the Sacrament of First Eucharist – Year 4
- Celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation – Year 6