We have started our journey on up skilling all staff at Emmaus with Adam Voigt and the Real Schools Project.
THIS PROJECT DEVELOPS RESTORATIVE PRACTICES TO:
- Generate long-term improvements in student behaviour … beyond the quick fix.
- Learn how to construct truly Restorative conversations and circles.
- Sustain a climate of consistency and high expectations.
- Achieve a critical understanding of human emotion, including the influence of shame on student behaviour.
- Become a truly reflective practitioner, proud of ongoing adjustments to practice.
- Apply Restorative Practices for accelerated student growth and learning.
“Restorative practices, done right, has proven to be the key to improving student-teacher relationships, driving up engagement, building a respectful culture and enhancing teacher effectiveness.” Real Schools